This insurance program has been specifically designed for individual U.S.-based entertainers and performers who work on an independent contractor basis entertaining at local fairs, festivals, special events, private parties, convention, or trade show booths. Coverages provided include important liability protection for the entertainer or performer for liability claims arising out of their operations.
Limits Of Liability
|Option 1||Option 2|
|General Aggregate (other than Products Completed Operations)||$5,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Products/Completed Operation Aggregate||$1,000,000||$2,000,000|
|Personal & Advertising Injury||Excluded||Excluded|
|Legal Liability to Participants||$1,000,000||$2,000,000|
|Damage To Premises Rented To You (fire legal liability)||$1,000,000||$1,000,000|
|Medical Expense Payments (other than participants)||$5,000||$5,000|
|Medical Payments for Participants||$5,000||$5,000|
Higher limits are available during online quoting process.
|Option 1||Option 2|
|Single Event Rate Per Performer (Single event = 10 days or less)||$173||$252|
|Annual Rate Per Performer (with an annual income of $30,000 or less)||$221||$324|
|Annual Rate Per Performer (with an annual income of $30,001 to $100,000)||$334||$494|
|Annual Rate Per Performer (with an annual income of $100,001 to $200,000||$633||$942|
|Annual Rate Per Performer (with an annual income of $200,001 to $300,000||$942||$1,406|
Rates are available from 04-01-2019 to 03-31-2020.
Cost includes premium and a $15 (RPG) risk purchasing annual administration fee. An RPG fee provides group purchasing power for similar risks resulting in potential advantageous coverage terms, competitive rates, risk management bulletins, and rewards for favorable group loss experience.
Agents and brokers do not have binding authority and there are no commissions included in this program.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for consideration of coverage under this program:
- Entertainers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Annual gross income from the entertainer’s or performer’s activities cannot exceed $300,000.
Eligible Entertainers and Performers
- Balloon Artist
- Belly Dancer
- Caricature Sketching
- Celebrity Look-Alike
- DJ or KJ
- Face/Body Painter (FDA approved/compliant paint only)
- Holiday Character
- Musician, Singer or Vocalist
- Public Speaker (Subject to review and carrier approval)
- Psychics/Fortune Teller
- Theatrical Performer (single event option only)
- Trade Show/Promotional Model (subject to review and carrier approval)
- Story Teller
- Western Performer
This list does not encompass all types of entertainers and performers that may be eligible for this coverage. This is only a summary. Please contact Sadler Sports & Recreation Insurance if you have questions about your eligibility.
The following entertainers and performers not eligible for this program include but are not limited to the following:
- Acrobatic/Aerialist Performer
- Actor or Actress
- Circus Performer
- Escape Artist
- Exotic Dancer
- Fire Handlers
- Group Acts or Bands
- Henna/Mehndi artists
- Mascot (college, high school, professional)
- Model (unless reported and approved by us)*
- Performer putting on athletic exhibition
- Performer using weapons (with live ammunition or sharpened blades)
- Production/Entertainment Companies
- Public Speaker (unless reported and approved by us)*
- Rap, hip hop, electronic/techno or heavy metal/screamo entertainer, performer or DJ
- Strength Performer
- Stunt performer
- Permanent Tattoo and/or Body Piercing Artist
*NOTE: For Model and Public Speaker – this is only available for consideration on a paper application. These will need to be submitted to carrier for review and approval. Types of individuals that we will not be able to consider are: Anyone who is controversial or where there could be controversy, pro/against abortion, tobacco/vaping/cannabis, politicians, etc.
Please see the application and policy for a complete list of ineligible operations and notable exclusions. This site is for information purposes only.