International Travel Insurance includes Medical, Evacuation, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Interruption, Lost Luggage, and more.
Instant Online Quote, Payment, and Policy Issuance Results in Savings of Up to 38% for Traveling Sports Teams in No Time Flat!
This important protection is much needed by sports teams from the U.S. that travel outside of the U.S. or by foreign sports teams traveling to the U.S. In order to qualify for this discounted coverage, the sports team must consist of at least 10 athletes and/or administrators.
Why buy Travel Insurance? Athletes on sports teams traveling outside their home country face numerous perils. An unexpected illness or accident may result in medical services that are not adequately covered by existing insurance due to territorial limitations, high co-insurance or high deductibles. In addition, a serious illness or accident may require hospitalization or even air evacuation to another country with more sophisticated medical services. Air evacuation charges may easily exceed $25,000. All of these perils subject athletes to significant financial risks.
Sample Travel Insurance Benefits
- Medical: Includes inpatient and outpatient hospitalization; surgeon’s, anesthesiologist’s, radiologist’s and physician’s fees; dressings, sutures, casts, and other supplies; diagnostic testing using radiology, ultrasonographic, or laboratory services; oxygen and other gases and anesthetics; prescription drugs; licensed extended care facility upon transfer from acute care hospital, and emergency local ambulance.
- Emergency Dental:
- Emergency dental treatment and dental surgery necessary to restore or replace sound natural teeth lost or damaged in an accident is covered under this insurance.
- Emergency dental treatment necessary to resolve acute, spontaneous and unexpected onset of pain.
- Emergency Evacuation: If recommended by your attending physician, who certifies that evacuation is necessary to safeguard your life and that medically necessary treatment is not available locally, and if approved in advance by the insurance administrator, the following benefits will be provided: emergency air and/or ground transportation to the nearest hospital that is qualified to provide the medically necessary treatment.
- Emergency Reunion: In the event of a covered emergency evacuation, the following benefits are available: the cost of an economy round trip air and/or ground transportation ticket for one of your relatives for transportation to the area where you are hospitalized following emergency evacuation and reasonable expenses for lodging and meals for your relative for a period not to exceed 10 days.
- Trip Interruption:
- If, after you have departed, you learn of the death of a parent, spouse, sibling or child, or you learn of the substantial destruction of your principal residence by fire or weather, the following benefits are available: the cost of an economy one way and/or ground transportation ticket to the area of your principal residence; or
- Following a covered emergency evacuation, the attending physician states that it is medically necessary for your return to your home country or to the area from which you were initially evacuated for continued treatment, recuperation and recovery, the following benefits will be available: the cost of a one way economy air/or ground transportation ticket for your transportation from the area where you hospitalized following the emergency evacuation, to the area where you were initially evacuated from, or to the terminal serving the area of your principal residence.
- Repatriation of Remains: In the event of a covered injury or illness resulting in your death, the following benefits will be available: air and/or ground transportation of bodily remains or ashes to the area of your principal residence, and reasonable costs of preparation of your remains necessary for transportation.
- Lost Checked Luggage: In the event your checked luggage is permanently lost by the carrier, the following benefits will be available: up to $250 for replacement of clothes and personal hygiene items, not to exceed $50 for any one item. You must file a formal claim with the transportation provider and provide the plan administrator with copies of all claim forms and proof that the transportation provider has paid you its normal reimbursement for the lost luggage.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: In the event of your accidental death (except while traveling on a common carrier) or dismemberment resulting from a covered Injury, the following benefits will be available:
- Accidental Death: the Principal Sum of $25,000 to the Beneficiary designated on your application. The principal sum shall reduce by 50% (to $12,500) if you are age 70 to 74 at time of death, and an additional 50% (to $6,250) if you are age 75 or older at time of death.
- Accidental Dismemberment:
- a. Loss of 2 eyes or 2 or more limbs: Principal sum of $25,000 to you.
- b. Loss of 1 eye or limb: One-half of the Principal sum ($12,500) to you.
- c. The Principal sum(s) shall reduce by 50% if you are age 70-74 at time of dismemberment, and an additional 50% if you are age 75 or older at time of dismemberment.
- Common Carrier Accidental Death:
In the event of your accidental death while traveling on board a commercial common carrier, the following benefit will be provided: principal sum of $50,000 to the beneficiary designated on your application.
- Hazardous Sports Rider: This optional rider is available for certain high risk sports activities that are outlined under Exclusion 15 in the plan description. Please carefully review this provision.