General Liability Insurance
- High-limits from $1M to $6M
- Affordable rates
- Non-Owned and Hired Auto Liability
- Reimburse medical bills
- Limits up to $100k
- Deductible options
- Why do you need fishing tournament insurance?
- What does fishing tournament insurance cover?
- Are fishing tournaments high-risk?
- Risk management practices for fish tournaments
- Risk management programs that apply to fishing tournaments
- What are fishing tournaments?
- Get fishing tournament insurance that protects you!
Why do you need fishing tournament insurance?
In the fishing sport, there are various risks involved in participating. From the dangers of the open waters to the handling of sharp objects, there is room for an accident to happen. These risks are amplified when chartering a group of customers to enjoy a fishing experience. So, if you are running a fishing tournament, you need to make sure you are covered from any accidents you could be proven liable.
Being found liable for an injury during one of your business’s fishing tours could mean tremendous financial strain on your business or organization. There could be medical bills, missed wage expenses, or even pay for legal fees. Your business does not want to be responsible for such a huge burden. Therefore, applying for insurance is the best way to limit your risk exposure and help cover any liabilities.
What does fishing tournament insurance cover?
Depending on your package, fishing tournament insurance will help cover the sponsor’s liabilities. However, you need to ensure that your policy will help cover all the risks your business is exposed to the fullest extent possible. A comprehensive policy will help limit the strains risks will cause and protect your business.
With Sadler Insurance, we have a customizable fishing tour insurance package that can be crafted to fit your organization’s needs. Designing an insurance plan will help mitigate the risks that threaten your business.
When crafting your fishing tour insurance policy, we recommend a solid General Liability and Accident Insurance policy.
Adding a robust General Liability policy to your risk mitigation strategy could help protect you against:
- Financial loss from costs associated with the lawsuit, including settlement costs, adverse jury verdicts, and legal fees
- The financial obligation for payment of medical expenses
- Compensatory damages for pain and suffering
In addition, adding an Accident Insurance policy to your intramural insurance package can help:
- Provide extra coverage for accident costs on top of the General Liability coverage
- Provide peace of mind that you do not have to pay out-of-pocket for medical bills
Are fishing tournaments high-risk?
Fishing tournaments are generally safe, and there is no need to worry about being put into a dangerous situation. However, accidents happen, so you should be aware of the risks involved when you begin a fishing excursion.
Most fishing injuries are due to cutting or piercing the skin with sharp objects like hooks or other tools. These injuries can be self-inflicted, or a hook can get caught on another fisherman from an unlucky cast. The most severe physical injuries are when hooks get in or around the eye.
In addition, fishing is a sport located in uncontrolled waters. Therefore, conditions could be unpredictable. So, conditions could get stormy, putting those out on the water at risk. In addition, drowning is always a risk when a sport involves water. All in all, fishing can be a dangerous activity if you are not diligent about the surroundings and avoid taking precautions.
Risk management practices for fish touring
When sponsoring a fishing tournament, it is essential to do your due diligence to identify the risks and create a strategy to manage them. Although you can never completely eliminate accidents from happening, you can lower the chances and frequency by implementing the tips for a well-rounded plan below:
- Before heading out on the water, ensure the weather is optimal (no lightening and avoid rain with strong winds)
- Provide proper safety training to staff so they know how to spot risks and manage them while on the boat
- Provide proper safety training to participants so they know the risks and the correct protocols once on the boat and fishing
- Participants wear life jackets at all times
- Limit the amount of alcohol that is served to the participants
- Require boat owners to provide evidence of adequate boat liability insurance
- Have participants sign a liability waiver to make them aware of the risks they are assuming
Applying the above measures is an excellent start to decreasing your negligence and your organization’s risk exposure. In addition to these tactics above, Sadler Sports and Recreation Insurance has in-house risk management programs that can be helpful to further your education about managing your risks.
Risk management programs that apply to fishing tournaments
- Lightning Safety and 30/30 Rule
- Preventing Common Sports Emergencies
- Improper Supervision and Instruction
What are fishing tournaments?
Fishing is a sport that involves the attempt to catch fish in open waters using a rod, line, and hook. Fish are usually caught as wildlife from natural environments. Still, there are also stocked waters that people can fish out of, including ponds, canals, and reservoirs. Fishing is usually done while in a boat or a bank or dock.
A fishing tournament is one of the best ways to enjoy fishing while adding an element of competition, especially for those who have experience and equipment.
Get fishing tournament insurance that protects you!
Hosting fishing tournaments is a great service you can provide as it can give people an experience to test their skills and enjoy a recreational activity outdoors. However, there are various risks involved since it is on the water with dangerous equipment. So, protect your organization from the financial strain that comes from accidents with a comprehensive insurance plan from Sadler Sports and Recreation Insurance.
We have been helping to protect sports and recreational businesses since 1946. In addition, we can offer you incredible rates with savings of up to 38%.
Request a quote today if you are looking for hassle-free insurance and are ready to take your risk management strategy to the next level.