The online application for the 2018/2019 season is now live! If you need short-term coverage now that will expire on 06/30/2018, please print the application for submission.
2018 Combined Accident and General Liability Rates
Rates below include $100,000 Accident / $500 Deductible (lower deductibles are available)
|9 & Under||$218.66 per team||$244.15 per team||$301.43 per team|
|12 & Under||$274.15 per team||$298.21 per team||$355.49 per team|
|15 & Under||$417.15 per team||$444.48 per team||$501.76 per team|
|Ages 5-17||$84.39 per team||$93.40 per team||$133.50 per team|
|INSPIRATION Flag Football (Handicapped)ALL TEAMS (Age 5-22)||$84.39 per team||$93.40 per team||$133.50 per team|
|1. Cheer/Dance/Step/Majorettes Squads Affiliated with your Football Teams (Ages 5-18) (INSPIRATION up to age 22)||No Charge||No Charge||No Charge|
|2. Cheer/Dance/Step/Majorettes Squads from #1 Above That Will Also Participate in Competitions Other Than Local League or Official AYC Regional or National Championships (Ages 5-18) Note: Class 2 squads must also be class 1 and you must show the # of squads for each class (Inspiration-up to age 22)||$48.27 per squad||$55.34 per squad||$112.62 per squad|
|3. Cheer/Dance/Step Squads Not Affiliated with a Football Organization (Ages 5-18) (Inspiration-up to age 22)||$100.45 per squad||$107.54 per squad||$164.82 per squad|
Rates are available for policies effective June 30, 2018 – June 29, 2019.
(NOTE: Accident Options for $0, $100 or $250 deductible are available – click the link below)
To qualify, all teams must join American Youth Football (www.joinayf.com) at an additional cost of $30 per tackle team, $20 per flag team and $25 per cheer/dance/step squad if application is done online. (Cost will be more if online membership application is not used.)
No commission is payable to agents.
NOTICE: If you have a current policy with another source OTHER THAN than the American Youth Football/American Youth Cheer Endorsed Insurance program, print this checklist now! Submit this to your insurance agent to verify if your current policy meets Minimum Insurance Standards.
Directors & Officers Liability / Crime / Equipment Rates
Directors & Officers
- $1,000,000 Directors & Officers Liability $300 per governing board
- $2,000,000 Directors & Officers Liability $450 per governing board
Crime: $25,000 – $200 per governing board
Equipment: $2.00 per $100 of coverage ($200 minimum premium)
Risk Management Content
The following risk management content is most applicable to AYF/AYC:
- Sample Waiver/Release Form – Minor (Printable PDF): very important
- Sample Waiver/Release Form – Adult (Printable PDF): very important
- Are Waiver/Release Forms Worth the Paper They Are Written On?
- Electronic Signatures on Waiver and Release Forms
- Sources of Criminal Background Checks
- Criminal Background Check Vendors
- Safe Sport Act Applies to Most Amateur Sports Organizations
- Guide to Preventing Heat Stroke Death in Youth Tackle Football
- Lightning Safety and 30/30 Rule
- Bleacher Risk Management for Facility Owners and Operators
- Parade Float Risk Management for Sports Organizations
- Collecting Certificates of Insurance from Vendors
- Before You Sign the Sports Facility Lease Agreement
- 12- and 15-Passenger Vans
- Helmet Fitting Guide
- How to Fit Football Shoulder Pads
- Fitting Instructions and Helmet Care
- Shoulder Pad Sizing – Rawlings
- Football Shoulder Pad Sizing – Sports Authority
- Interactive Concussion State Law Map
- Sample Sex Abuse/Molestation Protection Program (short form): Implement this program or similar to reduce your risk of an incident.
- SafeSport Child Abuse and Other Misconduct Risk Management Plan for Non-NGB Organizations – Our most comprehensive program for protection against misconduct.
- Sample Football/Cheer Brain Injury/Concussion Awareness Risk Management Program: Implement this program or similar to reduce your risk of litigation.
- Seahawks Tackling Resources
- Sample AYF/AYC Risk Management Plan: Implement this comprehensive risk management program or similar to reduce litigation risk at your locations and in all areas of your operations including facilities, equipment, supervision, instruction, rules, injury response, sex abuse & molestation, and use of autos. Includes best practices as well as contractual transfer of risk through participant registration forms such as waiver/release and emergency information/medical consent, as well as the use of insurance requirements and hold harmless/indemnification provisions in agreements with vendors and visiting teams. The Sample Sex Abuse/Molestation Protection Program (short form) listed above is not necessary as this topic is covered in more detail under this comprehensive program.
This is not an all-inclusive list, check out our risk management page for other articles, programs, videos and forms.
Selected Blog Articles for Football and Cheer
- Weight limits not necessary in youth tackle football to protect lighter players
- Should youth football leagues allow add on helmet products?
- Youth football endorsed by concussion doctor
- Beware USA Heads Up Football League Contractual Requirements
- The Truth About Concussion Risk Management in Youth Football
- AYF Study: 2005-15 Concussion Trends in Youth Tackle Football
- American Youth Cheer Releases Study on Injury Trends 2005-15
- Heads Up Football’s False Concussion Claims Exposed by New York Times
This is not an all-inclusive list. Please check out our risk management page for other football and cheer-related articles, programs, videos, and forms.
AYF Football and Cheerleading Coaches Training
AYF is pleased to offer optional training to its coaches.