General Liability Insurance
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence Limit
- $5,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products/Completed Operations Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury
- $1,000,000 Damage To Premises To You
- $5,000 Medical Expense Payments
- Why do you need fair and festival insurance?
- What does fair and festival insurance cover?
- Is hosting fairs and festivals high-risk?
- What are ways to prevent injuries and mitigate risk in fairs and festivals?
- Sadler risk management strategies
- Recent fair and festival lawsuits
- What are fairs and festivals?
- Request a quote from Sadler Insurance today!
Fairs and festivals can be extravagant events with intricate planning and various activities involved. There can be food, music, art, concessions, rides, alcohol, and more at a fair, and every outdoor event carries its own risk. So, it would be best to have a comprehensive insurance package customized to the activities and exposures at your fair or festival.
The best way to plan your fair or festival is to prepare for every outcome. However, no matter how diligent you are, risks will still be present. If an incident does occur that causes injury, your organization could be held liable for the related damages. Adding insurance to your risk management strategy is not only a requirement of field/facility owners but is the only way to protect against financial loss from lawsuits.
Special event insurance is imperative to help cover accidents that cause harm at your fair or festival. It is essential because fairs and festivals carry an enormous amount of risks. If a mishap happens and you are found liable, having insurance will help cover losses from the expenses that may occur.
With Sadler Insurance, we offer customizable fair and festival insurance packages so you can receive optimal coverage for your special event. When creating a festival and fair insurance policy, we recommend a solid General Liability Insurance policy.
Adding a robust General Liability policy to your risk mitigation strategy could help protect you against:
- Financial loss from costs associated with a lawsuit, including settlement costs, adverse jury verdicts, and legal fees
- The financial obligation for payment of attorney’s fees for your defense
- Compensatory damages for and pain and suffering
Fairs and festivals are significant events that involve various activities, so there are numerous risks. Each event in a fair has its own risk factors that make them an overall high-risk event. Each risk exposure from every activity within a fair needs to be considered to help plan against mishaps. These risks could include injury to attendees, property damage, event cancellation, non-appearance of performers, food-safety issues, adverse weather, and even terrorism. In addition, these risks could cause financial harm to your organization.
The risks could vary from low-injury outcomes to devastating outcomes. As event organizers, there needs to be a risk management strategy with a strong insurance policy to help cover negligence and liability.
With all the complexities of hosting fairs and festivals, there is no way to completely eliminate the risks your organization is exposed to. You may try your best to create the safest environment possible. Still, accidents and misfortunes happen that could be detrimental to your organization. With that being said, to help reduce your negligence, you need to create strong risk management and event safety procedures. The following are some risk management tactics that your organization can implement when hosting a fair or festival:
- Train employees to watch for warning signs in their respective positions
- Ensure that the grounds are cleared from unknown dangerous obstacles
- Hire security to protect, watch, and prevent risks inside the fair and at the gates
- Check bags and use metal detectors for attendees upon arrival
- Astroworld Lawsuits Claim Almost 5,000 Injured at Deadly Festival
- Houston Music Festival Tragedy Lawsuits Coming, “Hundreds of Millions in Damages” Predicted
- Third negligence lawsuit filed against All Good Music Festival, Maryland-based Walther Productions
The lawsuits from the fairs and festivals articles above are examples of worst-case scenario claims. However, there are plenty of smaller mishaps that happen all over the country at these events. So, be proactive and help protect your company from liability costs and negligence with diligent risk management and comprehensive insurance policies.
Fairs and festivals are events where various people gather together for entertainment and participate in activities. These events usually last for an afternoon or go on for several weeks. In addition, people attend these events for the purpose of recreational fun!
There are several types of activities that can be at fairs and festivals. However, for the most part, fairs and festivals consist of fair rides, like a carousel or a merry-go-round. In addition, there are usually some games, concerts, and concession stands.
Fairs and festivals are wonderful and enjoyable events that people look forward to for months! However, because of the crowds and amount of activities on these occasions, there are many risks involved. So, take control and help your organization succeed by purchasing quality fair and festival insurance from Sadler.
We have been working to help organizations like yours succeed in hosting fairs and festivals for decades! Reach out by submitting a quote today.