Baseball Academy and Softball Academy Insurance Program Provides General Liability, Accident, Property, Equipment, and Workers’ Compensation.
Our policy will cover all of the normal baseball/softball academy operations, both on premises at your academy and off premises such as for skills testing, camps, travel teams, tournaments you host, showcases you host, etc. It is no longer necessary to purchase multiple policies to cover all your operations. Our program also covers instruction and play in other sports, such as basketball, soccer, cheer, and lacrosse.
- $2,000,000 Each Occurrence limit which gives you the high limit protection you need and will satisfy requirements of your landlord and event facility owners.
- $1,000,000 Sex Abuse & Molestation limit which is hard to find in the marketplace. In the post Sandusky era, this coverage is a must.
- $1,000,000 Non Owned And Hired Auto Liability to cover your academy for its liability arising out of the use of staff owned vehicles and rental vehicles.
- $25,000 Accident limit pays medical bills on behalf of injured participants.
GENERAL LIABILITY LIMITS
|$2,000,000||Products/Completed Operations Aggregate|
|$1,000,000||Damage to Premises Rented to You|
|$2,000,000||Legal Liability To Participants|
|$1,000,000||Sex Abuse & Molestation|
|$2,000,000||Sex Abuse & Molestation – Each Occurrence Aggregate|
- Must follow recommendations/meet criteria to qualify.
- No charge to add premises owners as Additional Insured.
GENERAL LIABILITY & ACCIDENT RATES
General Liability (Based on Annual Estimates)
$17.17 per $1,000 of revenue/receipts
$10.77 per team for hosted baseball/softball tournaments
$1,800 MINIMUM ANNUAL PREMIUM
Accident (Based on Annual Estimates)
|$0.05 per participant per day Sport Training Facility|
$13.00 per baseball/softball team
$13.00 per basketball team
$16.00 per cheerleading team
$16.00 per soccer team
$16.00 per lacrosse team$2.75 per team for hosted baseball/softball tournaments
$2.75 per team for hosted basketball tournaments
$3.40 per team for hosted cheerleading tournaments
$3.40 per team for hosted soccer tournaments
$3.40 per team for hosted lacrosse tournaments
$0.05 per participant per day – ID Camps/Showcases/Skills Testing
$175 MINIMUM ANNUAL PREMIUM
|A $95.00 fee is required to become a registered academy with USABSA. Being a registered academy gives you the opportunity to purchase the coverage mentioned at the rates provided and receive the services shown. The fee is included on the application. For additional information about being a registered USABSA academy and additional services available to you, please visit the USABSA website.|
|$25,000||Accident Medical – Excess Limit|
RISK MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS AND REPORTS
Visit our Risk Management page to access the following important content most applicable to baseball academies:
- “Are Waivers/Releases Worth The Paper They”re Written On?”
- Types of criminal background checks
- Avoiding and preventing heat illness
- “Lightning Safety and the 30/30 Rule”
- ” 7 Critical Mistakes to Avoid When Buying Sports Insurance”
This is not an all inclusive list, check out our Risk Management page for other articles, programs, videos, and forms.