As of 02/01/2022 the following programs will be replacement options for the prior NYSCA / NAYS Team & League program.
Option 1: Youth Team/League (1-2 Teams) – Please click HERE to complete an application for coverage through Sports Plex Operations and Developments (SODA) Program.
Please note that premiums for this program are based on per team rates. Sexual Abuse & Molestation and Non-Owned/Hired Auto coverage can be purchased on an optional basis for a flat charge.
Option 2: Youth Team/League (3+ Teams) – Please click HERE to complete an application for coverage through Amateur Teams & Leagues.
Please note the premium for this program is based on the number of participants per sport, as well as the option of coverage you select. Coverage for Non-Owned/Hired Auto is automatically built into this program. At the current time, coverage for Sexual Abuse & Molestation is not available. The policy period is one full year from the effective date.
In both cases, Directors & Officers, Crime, and Equipment coverage can be purchase on an optional basis. These coverage lines are only available to Not for Profit Organizations.
If you would like to discuss which program would be a best fit for your organization, please contact 800-622-7370 to speak with a Sadler representative.
Risk Management Content
Appoint Risk Management Officer (RMO) To Set Up And Manage Plan
- Selection And Duties Of Sports Risk Management Officer (Coming Soon)
Choose High Quality Insurance
- 7 Critical Mistakes To Avoid When Buying Sports Insurance
- Horror Story Claims That Actually Happened To Sadler Clients
- Purchase Accident and General Liability from NAYS endorsed plan
- Purchase Directors & Officers/Crime/Equipment from NAYS endorsed plan
Contractual Transfer Of Risk To Other Parties
- Are Waiver/Release Forms Worth Paper They Are Written On?
- Electronic Signatures Of Waiver/Release Forms
- Sample Waiver/Release Form – Minor
- Sample Waiver/Release Form – Adult
- Sample Waiver for Communicable Diseases including COVID-19
- Emergency Information / Medical Consent Form
- Image Release Form
- Before You Sign The Facility Lease Agreement
- Collecting Certificates Of Insurance From Vendors
- When Hosting Tournaments Transfer Risk To Visiting Teams
Avoid Or Mitigate High Risk Activities That Are Not Essential To Your Mission
- Group Transportation (Coming Soon)
- Swimming Outings
- High Risk Fundraising Activities/Devices (Coming Soon)
- Serving Of Alcoholic Beverages
Child Abuse: Sex/Physical/Emotional/Bullying/Hazing/Harassment
- Safe Sport Act Applies To Most Amateur Sports Organizations
- Types Of Criminal Background Checks
- Criminal Background Check Vendors
- Volunteer Application Form (WORD DOC)
- Sadler Safe Sport Child Abuse And Other Misconduct Risk Management Plan
- Abuse Awareness Training For Minors (Ages 4-12)
- Abuse Awareness Training For Minors (Ages 13-17)
- Interactive Concussion State Law Map
- Concussion Awareness Risk Management Plan
- Concussion Awareness Risk Management Plan (Football and Cheer)
- CDC Online Training Course
- NAYS Concussion Training Video
- CDC Parent/Athlete Concussion Fact Sheet
- Seahawks Tackling Resources
- Amateur Sports And Coronavirus (COVID-19): How To Return To Play
- Sample AYF/AYC COVID-19 Guidelines For Return To Activity
- Sample Waiver/Release For Communicable Diseases Including COVID-19
- Sample COVID-19 Warning Signage
Other Serious Risks
- Lightning Safety And 30/30 Rule
- Bleacher Risk Management
- 12- And 15- Passenger Vans
- Heat Illness: Avoidance and Prevention
- Guide To Preventing Heat Stroke Death In Youth Tackle Football
- Food Handling Checklist For Sports Concession Stands
- Parade Float Risk Management
Most Common Risks
- Improper Supervision And Instruction
- Improper Sport Injury Care
- Facility And Equipment Problems (Coming Soon)
- Fitting Instructions and Helmet Care
Document Retention In Event Of Litigation
Written Risk Management Plans Pull Together Above
- Basic Risk Management Awareness Plan (Word Doc)
- Broader Risk Management Awareness Plan for Local Sports Organizations
This is not an all-inclusive list, check out our risk management page for other articles, programs, videos and forms.