MYL Member Program Insurance Program – FAQ’s

What insurance agency and carrier is providing the insurance?

Sadler Sports & Recreation Insurance is the insurance agency and the policies have been placed through Cover Game and their insurance carriers State National Insurance Company and United States Fire Insurance Company.

What insurance policies are provided?

The endorsed MYL insurance program automatically provides the following policies to all member programs: General Liability, Non-Owned and Hired Auto Liability, Excess Accident, and Catastrophe Accident / Cash. Athletes, coaches, officials, and other volunteers are extended coverage while performing official duties on behalf of the member programs.

The following additional policies are available for member programs to purchase on an optional basis: Directors & Officers Liability, Crime, and Equipment.

Does the Excess Accident and Catastrophe Accident / Cash insurance follow the athlete after the MYL season?

Yes, these policies follow the athlete for play outside of MYL such as non-sanctioned play and attendance at camps within the states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland. Play in other states may be covered if written approval has been granted by MYL, Inc.

Will the athlete be covered if he plays WITH or AGAINST others who don’t have the same coverage?

Yes, the Excess Accident and Catastrophe Accident / Cash policies follow the athlete as specified above without regard to the insurance status of other players on the team.

Are coaches covered?

Yes, coaches are covered under Excess Accident, Catastrophe Accident / Cash, General Liability and Excess Liability policies while coaching officially sponsored, sanctioned, and supervised events of the member program. Events may include practice, games, certain travel, and related activities such as banquets meetings, fund-raisers and similar events arranged and supervised by the member program.

Is General Liability coverage provided for sex abuse and molestation?

Yes, sex abuse & molestation coverage is provided under the General Liability policy and the limit of coverage is $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. All program staff with access to youth are required be screened with a criminal background check such as CORI. MYL has published Abuse Molestation Risk Management Plan for each program to implement to include critical information and education on the definitions of child abuse, common strategies of child predators, policies and procedures to reduce the risk of an incident and how to appropriately respond to an allegation. Failure to follow these policies and procedures may jeopardize your coverage for sex abuse and molestation.

Can towns self-issue their own certificates of insurance?

Yes, Sadler will set up an online portal through which town administrators can self-issue their own certificates of insurance for field owners. A link to the portal will be provided from the Sadler/MYL web page which can be accessed under the insurance tab on the MYL website.

What is the procedure for filing a claim?

Detailed instructions and forms for reporting and filing a claim by each policy type will be provided on the Sadler/MYL web page which will be linked from the MYL website insurance tab.

Who can I contact to learn more about the insurance program?

Please contact MYL headquarters if additional coverage details are needed.

Any questions about insurance services or risk management may be directed to Darra Miller at Sadler Sports & Recreation Insurance by completing the contact us form or by contacting Sadler at 800-622-7370.