Save Up to 38% while Getting Rock-Solid Coverage from the Leading Health Club Insurance Program in the Industry!
This program is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of U.S.-based owners and operators of studio facilities (with less than 3000 square feet of space) offering personal/individual training, exercise, aerobics, yoga, or pilates activities where people participate in scheduled fitness programs under the direct supervision of a fitness professional such as a personal trainer or exercise instructor.
If your exercise studio has more than 3,000 sq. ft. of space, click here for our Health Club Program.
If you are an individual fitness instructor that does NOT own or long term lease a facility or are simply working on behalf of a fitness studio or program, click here for individual fitness instructor coverage.
Limits of Liability and Premiums
On-site Coverage: Applies to the instruction activities of you and your employees and the business operations at your insured premises only.
On-site and Off-site Coverage: Applies to the instruction activities of you and your employees and the business operations at your insured premises and also extends to locations away from your insured premises (e.g. training or class instruction at other locations).
|Option 1||Option 2||Option 3||Option 4||Option 5|
|General Aggregate (other than Products-completed operations.)||$5,000,000||$5,000,000||$5,000,000||$5,000,000||$5,000,000|
|(per owned location)||(per owned location)||(per owned location)||(per owned location)||(per owned location)|
|Products/Completed Operation Aggregate||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Personal & Advertising Injury||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Legal Liability To Participants||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Damage To Premises Rented To You (Fire Legal Liability)||$1,000,000||$1,000,000||$1,000,000||$1,000,000||$1,000,000|
|Medical Expense (other than participants)||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Hired Auto and Employer’s Nonownership Liability (not provided while in Hawaii)||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|On-site & Off-site Premium: Square Footage 0-1,000 sq. ft.||$520||$780||$1,030||$1,280||$1,530|
|On-site & Off-site Premium: Square Footage 1,001-2,000 sq. ft.||$1,040||$1,560||$1,820||$2,070||$2,320|
|On-site & Off-site Premium: Square Footage 2,001-3,000 sq. ft.||$1,560||$2,340||$2,730||$2,980||$3,230|
Rates are available from 01-01-2021 to 12-31-2021.
- Professional liability insurance is included for the studio owner(s) and for the studio employees.
- Independent contractors are not automatically covered under this policy.
- If your independent contractors have liability insurance, their name and limit of insurance need to be filled in on your studio application.
- If Liability coverage is needed for independent contractors, the following options are available:
- Add the $1,000,000 Liability to your Exercise Studio coverage ($300 for on-site and off-site coverage. Premium is per instructor).
- The individual instructor can purchase the $1,000,000 Liability on a direct basis and name your studio as an additional insured. He or she would then have coverage wherever instructing (except out of their own home or facility/gym). Premium is $194 for a certified instructor or $245 for a non-certified instructor. The “certified instructor” rate requires that a copy of the certification be submitted with their application. Click here to access our Individual Sports & Fitness Instructors Program
Please see application for a complete coverage description.
This is not a complete listing of eligible operations.
- Children’s Fitness Programs
- GYROTONIC® Exercise
- Personal Training
This is not a complete listing of ineligible operations.
- Sports rehabilitation services/therapy
- Unattended/unstaffed 24-hour key card/keypad/key code access operations or unattended/unstaffed operations
- Childcare services/facilities
- Dance Studios
- Climbing walls
- Ice skating, roller skating to skating treadmills
- Medical, therapy or healthcare services
- Physicals/Stress testing
- Facilities outside of the U.S.
- Health Clubs
- Martial Arts studios/schools
- Cheer gyms
- Gymnastics studios
- Crossfit Affiliate Owners (use Health Club Basic)
- Open access to members to utilize facility on a self-direct basis outside of a structured program
- Swimming pools/hot tubs/whirlpools/Jacuzzis/cold plunge
- Sports skill instruction facilities, academies, schools or programs
- Physical therapy
- Salon services or indoor tanning
- Sports medicine
- Saunas or steam rooms
Please print the application for additional exclusions contained in this policy.
Equipment and Contents
This provides coverage for direct loss or damage to your supplies and equipment, furnishings, improvements and betterments, signs and non-structural glass due to theft, fire, vandalism or other covered causes (subject to actual policy terms and conditions). You must insure the full replacement cost of all of your equipment and contents to avoid a co-insurance penalty at the time of loss.
|Replacement Cost Value||Deductible||Premium||Minimum Premium|
|$1 – $10,000||$250||Replacement Cost Value X .03||$100|
|$10,001 – $100,000||$1,000||Replacement Cost Value X .026||$100|
|$100,001 and Up||$2,500||Replacement Cost Value X .026||$100|
If you have any single items with a value of $5,000 or more, you must include a list of those items and their value with the enrollment form.
Medical Payments for Participants
This coverage pays the medical and dental expenses incurred by a participant when an accidental injury occurs while participating in fitness or exercise activities at the insured’s owned/operated locations. “Participant” means any person practicing, instructing or participating in any physical exercises or games, sports or athletic contests. Participant does not include any compensated member of your staff, including employees and independent contractors. The coverage is provided on an excess basis, responding after all other medical coverage available to the participant has been exhausted. If no other medical coverage exists, the coverage becomes primary. A $100 corridor deductible applies to each claim and the benefit period is two years from the date of the accident.
|$5,000 (per claim)||$100 (corridor deductible)||$10.00 (per participant)||$1,000.00|
Sexual Abuse or Sexual Molestation Coverage or Abuse, Molestation, Harassment OR Sexual Conduct Defense Cost Reimbursement Coverage
This program includes two options for coverage for claims arising out of sexual abuse or sexual molestation:
Option 1: $1,000,000 of liability coverage for sums the insured becomes legally obligated to pay as damages because of loss arising out of any actual or threatened sexual abuse or sexual molestation. This limit is part of, not in addition to, the general liability limit selected.
Option 2: $100,000 of coverage for reimbursement of defense costs only resulting from claims arising out of abuse, molestation, harassment or sexual conduct.
|Option 1: $1,000,000 Sexual Abuse or Sexual Molestation Liability||See application for rates ($150.00 minimum premium)|
|Option 2: $100,000 Abuse, Molestation, Harassment or Sexual Conduct Defense Cost Reimbursement||$100.00 (flat rate)|
Coverage is provided by a carrier rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company
Risk Management Content
Visit our Risk Management page to access the following important content:
- Sample Waiver/Release – Minor and Adult
- Are Waivers Worth the Paper They Are Written On?
- Before You Sign the Facility Lease Agreement
- Collecting Certificates of Insurance From Vendors
- Child Abuse / Molestation Protection Program – Short Form
- Types of Criminal Background Checks
- Concussion Awareness Risk Management Program
- Sports Organization Risk Management Program
This is not an all inclusive list, check out our Risk Management page for other articles, programs, videos and forms.