D&O Liability Insurance Claims Procedure
The D&O Policy covers lawsuits that arise out of actual or alleged wrongful acts in the running of a league. This coverage is for the local league/organization itself, directors, officers and other volunteers. Examples of lawsuits that could possibly be covered include:
- Discrimination (age, sex, handicap, etc.)
- Wrongful dismissal, rejection or suspension of league personnel or players
- Acts beyond authority granted in bylaws
- Failure to deliver services
- Violation of state and federal laws (anti-trust, IRS, EEOC)
- Suppression of First Amendment Rights (speech, expression, etc.)
- Failure to properly manage league financial affairs
It is our recommendation that you report all claims (written demands for payment of damages or other actions) regardless of whether, in your opinion, there is liability or not. The attorneys for the insurance company can determine this.
3 OPTIONS TO REPORT A CLAIM
- Email your information to email@example.com
- Fax your information to us at: 1-803-256-4017
- Mail information to:
Sadler & Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 5866
Columbia, SC 29250-5866
When reporting the claim we will need the following information:
- Your league/organization name
- Person in your league/organization to contact, including mailing address, daytime phone and evening phone, and their position with the league/organization.
- Date of the incident
- Name, address and phone number of person making a claim or threat of a claim against your league/organization, and their relationship to your league/organization.
- Description of what is alleged or what happened, etc.
- Any court documents that have been received by the organization.
Please give us a call at 800-622-7370 if you have any questions or concerns.