Guest post by the National Alliance for Youth Sports*
The National Alliance for Youth Sports is proud to announce the 16th annual Youth Sports Congress scheduled for November 8 to 11 in Orlando, Florida. Registration is currently underway.
This four-day comprehensive educational experience is developed specifically for youth sports administrators. Registrants will attend the welcome reception, NAYS Congress, Athletic Business Expo and keynote address. They will also have the opportunity to earn or maintain their credentials as a Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA).
The keynote address on day one focuses on professionalism for youth sports administrators. We’ll also be presenting the Excellence in Youth Sports Award, and recognizing the NAYS Volunteer Coach of the Year and the NAYS Youth Sports Parent of the Year.
Other sessions include:
- Building Your Shield Part 1: Screening and Protecting from Adults Who Bully
- Building Your Shield Part 2: Emergency, Crisis and Conflict Readiness
- Developing Character via Youth Sports
- Coaching the Coaches on Mental Toughness
- A Roundtable Discussion of Current Youth Sports Issues
- A Moral Compass Guiding Youth Sports Programs
- Embracing Youth Sport: Attack the Issues
- Positioning Yourself as the Leader in Youth Sports – Creating Partnerships that Work!
The keynote speaker will be Charles Duhigg, bestselling author of “The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business.” Duhigg is also a New York Times Pulitzer prize-winning investigative reporter. His talk will focus on the science of habit formation in individuals, businesses and societies.
Over 250 exhibitors will be displaying their products at the Athletic Business Expo. NAYS sponsors will be in a separate pavilion where attendees can meet and greet supporters of the NAYS program.
Lafayette’s Restaurant and Bar is hosting the Athletic Business welcome reception. Attendees can connect with one another, exhibitors and speakers while enjoying live music and Southern-inspired dishes.
* Sadler Sports Insurance and NAYS have been long-term partners for over 20 years. I can personally attest to the high quality of all their programming. We provide an endorsed insurance program for teams/leagues that choose to have their coaches trained by NAYS. We also provide separate coach liability insurance for the trained coaches.
— John M. Sadler