Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of U.S.-based martial arts and/or self defense instructors who works on an independent contract basis training individuals in martial arts and/or self defense.
Pay Just $345 for a Rock Solid $1,000,000 Liability Limit that Does Not Require You to Join Another Expensive Association or to Become Certified Just to Qualify!
Beware of other programs that don’t cover punitive damages and that nickel and dime you to death with charges for each additional insured. Read the fine print in competitor’s programs!
If you’re the owner of a martial arts studio or school, click here to find out how to save up to 38% while getting the protection you need.
Limits of Liability and Premiums
|COVERAGE||OPTION 1||OPTION 2||OPTION 3||OPTION 4||OPTION 5|
|Each Occurrence Limit||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|General Aggregate (Other than Products-Completed Operations)||$5,000,000||$5,000,000||$5,000,000||$5,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Products/Completed Operations Aggregate||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Personal & Advertising Injury||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|Damage to Premises Rented to You (Fire Legal Liability)||$300,000||$300,000||$300,000||$300,000||$300,000|
|Medical Expense (other than participants)||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000||$5,000|
|Legal Liability to Participants||$1,000,000||$2,000,000||$3,000,000||$4,000,000||$5,000,000|
|SINGLE EVENT COVERAGE|
|Training Session Only – Per Instructor (session must be 3 days or less)||$109||$164||$414||$664||$914|
|Traditional Martial Arts Instructor (per instructor)||$345||$518||$768||$1,018||$1,268|
|Self Defense/Law Enforcement/Security Instructor (per instructor)||$546||$819||$1,069||$1,319||$1,569|
ALL APPLICANTS: A $15 RPG feeis required by the carrier for all applications. An RPG fee provides group purchasing power for similar risks resulting in potential advantageous coverage terms, competitive rates, risk management bulletins, and rewards for favorable group loss experience.
- Rates are per instructor and are available for either single event coverage or for a one-year coverage term.
- Rates are available 01-01-2016 to 12-31-2016.
- Additional Insureds (ex: Managers and/or lessors of premises) can be added at no additional cost.
- A complete coverage description is included in the application.
- Agents & Brokers: There are no commissions included in this program.
- Coverage is provided by a carrier rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.
An instructor age 18 or older conducting private or group instruction in any of the following is eligible to enroll in this program:
- Self Defense Instruction
- Law Enforcement / Security Defense Tactic Instruction
- Martial Arts instruction of:
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Chi kun
- Dim mak
- Jeet kune do
- Krav maga
- Kung fu
- Mixed martial arts or ultimate fighting
- Muay thai
- Sayoc kali
- Tai chi
- Tang soo do
- Thai boxing
Operations not eligible for this program include, but are not limited to the following:
- Boxing (contact/sparring)
- Certified Athletic Trainers
- Coaching of organized competitive athletic teams
- Firearms Training
- Instructors under the age of 18
- Military/paramilitary combat training
- Tournaments or competitions
- Your employment as an exempt or non-exempt employee of a school, university or college
The following represent only some of the exclusions contained in this policy.
- Abuse, Molestation, Harassment or Sexual Conduct
- All Operations listed as Ineligible
- Amusement Devices (ex: dunk tanks, rides, slides, inflatables, bungees, climbing walls)
- Cryogenic chambers/therapy
- Cycling (other than stationary)
- Instruction/activity being held on or in open water (e.g. lakes, ponds, ocean)
- Use of projectile weapons including, but not limited to, firearms and tasers, and defense sprays
- Employment Related Practices
- Medical, Therapy or Health Care Services
- Operation, Ownership or Management of any Facility
- Physicals/Stress Testing
- Physical Therapy, Massage or Salon Services
- Sale or Distribution of Herbal, Medicinal and/or Nutritional Products
- Use of Sharpened/Bladed Weapons
Print Application for a complete list of exclusions and coverage details.
Risk Management Content
Visit our Risk Management page to access the following important content most applicable to Fitness Instructors:
- Sample Waiver/Release-Minor & Adult
- Are Waivers Worth The Paper They Are Written On?
- Before You Sign The Facility Lease Agreement
- Collecting Certificates of Insurance From Vendors
- Emergency Information / Medical Consent Form
This is not an all inclusive list, check out our Risk Management page for other articles, programs, videos, and forms.