Health Club and Fitness Club Insurance
Health Club Insurance, Fitness Insurance, and Fitness Center Insurance
Save Up to 38% While Getting Rock-solid Coverage from the Leading Health Club Insurance Program in the Industry
- Pre-published rates offer instant quote and eliminate hassles and delays of completing a long application and waiting weeks just to get a quote.
- Our prices are lower because we only insure smaller to medium-sized health clubs that have lower risks compared to the jumbo health clubs.
- You are not required to join another expensive association to be eligible.
To get a quote, choose from the three plans below that best describe your situation:
- Exercise Studio Program: Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of U.S.-based owners and operators of studio facilities (with less than 3000 sq. ft. of space) that offer personal/individual training, exercise, aerobics, yoga, or Pilates activities, where people participate in scheduled fitness programs under the direct supervision of a fitness professional such as a personal trainer or exercise instructor.
- Circuit Training Studio Program: Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of U.S.-based owners and operators of circuit training workout facilities (with less than 3000 sq. ft. of space) that exclusively offer circuit training exercise programs.
- Health Club Program (Limited Services): Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of U.S.-based health clubs (with less than $500,000 in annual sales) that offer programs and services that may include personal training, aerobics, yoga, Pilates, free weights, resistance machines, cardio machines, and a variety of exercise classes for members. Exercise Studios and Circuit Training Studios that are not eligible under Programs 1 and 2 above because they exceed 3000 sq. ft. in space may be eligible under this program.
- Aerobics Insurance
- Fitness and Wellness Insurance
- Fitness Insurance
- Health Club Insurance
- Pilates Studio Insurance
- Yoga Studio Insurance
- Day Spa Insurance
- Fitness Liability Insurance
- Health Studio Insurance
- Spa Insurance
- Circuit Training Studio Insurance
- Exercise Studio Insurance
- Fitness Club Insurance
- Liability Insurance for Health Clubs
- Sports and Fitness Insurance
Click here for free articles and reports on how to protect yourself against devastating injuries and lawsuits in your health club.
Fitness Instructor Insurance and Health Club Insurance are in high demand due to frequent gym injuries. The following facts culled from a 2009 Consumer Product Safety Commission report illustrate how easily and often injuries take place in the pursuit of fitness:
- 1500 emergency room visits resulting from equipment-related gym mishaps
- Treadmills are the leading cause of equipment-related injuries, most due to falls and tripping over/on.
- 224 weight machine and free weights injuries.
- Common gym equipment related injuries include broken ankles, fractured arms, fractured legs, and fingertip amputations.
Below are the most commonly cited reasons for gym-related injuries:
- Inattention due to iPods, cell phones, and reading.
- First time use of equipment without proper instruction
- Working out too hard or too soon after a period of inactivity.
Fitness Risk Management Controls
Signs aren’t just for show
Signage in a fitness center serves several roles. Warning, policy/procedure, announcement and directional signs are all important to the safety of fitness center clients and protecting your business and staff from liability claims.
These signs serve as silent staff members, reminding clients of safety procedures and cautioning them of potential dangers. These can include warnings of wet floors in sauna/pool/shower areas, improper use of equipment, and use of spotters in weight areas. Warning signs should be professionally printed and posted strategically where they can be seen clearly and at eye level or no higher than 6’ from the ground.
Policies & Procedures
These range from general policies posted at the front desk to issues of sanitation and courtesy throughout the facility. Examples include minimum age requirements of clients, policies for use of the locker rooms and showers, and use of equipment. These signs should also be printed professionally and placed in close proximity to the relevant area(s) no higher than 4 to 6’ from the ground. Decals on mirrors and glass doors/windows are useful for attracting attention to certain policies or instructions.
Special events and classes take place in fitness centers on a regular basis. Signs alerting clients about the dates and details can be generated in-house by hand or computer and placed randomly, making sure they don’t interfere with or distract from any safety or policy signs.
Signs denoting exits, ADA-facilities and equipment, emergency exit plans, location of safety equipment (fire extinguishers, first aid kits, alarms, etc.) should be professionally generated and posted per building regulations. General safety precautions
Despite the best efforts of your staff, accidents and emergencies will occur. Your facility should have written emergency procedures in the event an injury illness or an emergency such as fire, tornado, or power outage.
- Every staff member (including independent contractors and volunteers) should receive a copy of the emergency procedures and required to sign that they have read and understood them. These procedures should be reviewed regularly at least once a year.
- Staff members who work on the fitness floor should have Red Cross training in first aid. At least one CPR-certified staff member should be on site at all times.
- If there is AED equipment (defibrillator) on site, at least one staff member trained in the use of the AED should be on site at all times. View the American Safety Training Institute video below for general information on AED procedures.