Get a Quote by Clicking on the Appropriate Link Below
- Regular season cricket
- Travel cricket
- Cricket leagues
- Cricket teams
- Tournament cricket
Programs Others Have Purchased
- Individual Cricket Instructors Insurance
- Cricket Camps & Clinics Insurance
- Event Cancellation Insurance
- Cricket Tournament Insurance
Cricket has been played for centuries in England and is believed to have been started by boys bowling rocks at a tree stump and batting them with tree branches. This term stump is still used for the three stakes used in modern-day cricket. Cricket, sometimes also known as rounders, is England’s national summer sport. It’s also extremely popular in Australia, India, Pakistan, the West Indies, and the British Isles.
Cricket in the U.S. dates back to the early 1700s, played by immigrants from Britain and Ireland, and is believed to be our country’s first team sport. Baseball eventually eclipsed cricket in popularity, but the more than 50 cricket leagues and 1,100 cricket clubs across the U.S. today prove it continues to attract male and female fans and players of all ages. Below is a video explaining the basic rules of cricket.
As a bat-and-ball game, cricket has many of the same risks as baseball and requires a cricket insurance policy to provide protection against the risk of injuries and lawsuits that can arise. Common cricket injuries suffered are strains, sprains, fractures, bruising and open wounds, most frequently affecting the hands and fingers. Injuries such as rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement, hamstring pulls, lower back strain or tendonitis can require physical therapy and may not always be covered by a player’s personal medical policy.
Other injuries can be attributed to improper training, which can lead to poor technique and poor habits. For example, if a player tosses the bat towards other participants after swinging, the bat could cause injury.
Protective gear is critical to preventing injuries while playing cricket. The following cricket gear should be worn by all players:
- Custom-fitted mouth guard
- Shoes designed specifically for cricket
- Protective pads.
- Batting helmet
- Protective cup
- Batting and wicket-keeper gloves
Improper maintenance of the playing environment and equipment can also be responsible for injuries. Cricket insurance, including Accident and General Liability, protects the coach, team owner, league organizer, and playing field owner from the liability that can be present when an injury occurs.
Call one of our insurance experts at (800) 622-7370 to discuss your unique cricket coverage needs or click here for a quick online quote.
What Our Clients Have To Say About Our Cricket Insurance Programs
- “All of my questions were answered in a professional, yet friendly, manner. This was my first time obtaining insurance online, and I experienced no problems what-so-ever.” – Sonja Gleaton, Town of Neeses
- “The representative on the phone directed me to this insurance policy that saves us time and valuable concern as insurance pertains to our league. Thanks this was a great experience.” – Rajahn Rainey, Prospects Sports