PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY FOR BANDS AND PERFORMING GROUPS
This program has been designed for U.S.-based performing groups that work on an independent contractor basis entertaining at events and performances. Coverages provided include important protection for the performing group for liability claims arising out of their operations.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for coverage under this program:
- All groups must have at least one member or representative who is at least 18 years of age.
- No more than 30 members in a performing group
- Annual gross income from the performing groups activities cannot exceed $500,000.
Caricature Sketching Artists
DJ’s or KJ’s*
Drum Corp or Bugle Corp*
Musical Ensemble (quartet, duo, instrumental)
Non-touring Bands (tribute, wedding, garage)*
INELIGIBLE OPERATIONS MUSIC GENRES
Operations and music genres not eligible for this program include but are not limited to the following:
- Acrobatic/Aerialist Performers
- Actors or Actresses
- Bands and Groups with Music Genres of alternative, grunge, hip hop, punk, rap & techno / DJ
- Circus Performers
- Escape Artists
- Exotic Dancers
- Henna/Mehndi artists
- Historical Battle Re-enactment groups
- Instruction of other individuals for a fee
- Mascots (college, high school, professional)
- Performers putting on athletic exhibition
- Performers using weapons (with live ammunition or sharpened blades)
- Permanent Tattoo and/or Body Piercing Artist
- Production/Entertainment Companies
- Public Speakers
- School accredited / sponsored programs, bands and/or performing groups
- Strength Performers
- Stunt performers
- Touring bands and/or groups
Note: Please see the application and policy for a complete list of ineligible operations and notable exclusions. This site is for information purposes only.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
General Aggregate (other than Products Completed Operations
Products/Completed Operation Aggregate
Personal and Advertising Injury
Legal Liability to Participants
Damage to Premises Rented to You (fire legal liability)
Medical Expense (other than participants)
Medical Payments for Participants
Single Event Coverage (single event = 10 days or less)
Annual Coverage (with an annual income of $30,000 or less)
Annual Coverage (with an annual income of $30,0001 to $100,000)
Annual Coverage (with an annual income of $100,001 to $200,000)
Annual Coverage (with an annual income of $200,001 to $300,000)
Annual Coverage (with an annual income of $300,001 to $400,000)
Annual Coverage (with an annual income of $400,001 to $500,000)
All Applicants: A $15 RPG Fee is required by the carrier for all applications. An RPG Fee provides group purchasing power for similar risks resulting in potential advantageous coverage terms, competitive rates, risk management bulletins, and rewards for favorable group loss experience.
Please see application for complete bands and performing groups coverage description.
Rates are available from 04-01-2016 to 03-31-2017.
Coverage is provided by a carrier rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company.
OPTIONAL COVERAGE RATES
Two options for coverage for claims arising out of sexual abuse or sexual molestation:
- $1,000,000 Sexual Abuse or Sexual Molestation Liability Coverage
- $100,000 Abuse, Molestation, Harassment or Sexual Conduct Defense Cost Reimbursement
- See application for details and rates
Notice to Agents and Brokers: Agents and brokers do not have binding authority and there are no commissions included in this program.